Thursday, September 12, 2013

Review: River Island watch from asos.com using starthere.com.au

Back in May, I made my first ever purchase from asos.com (surprise surprise!). I had been eying this watch for the longest time and was patiently waiting for it to go on sale. Unfortunately that never happened but after discovering a cashback website - starthere.com, I somewhat justified the price and bought the watch! More details below =)

Asos.com
I ordered the watch on the 13th of May (Monday night) and received it on the 17th (Friday) which I thought was a pretty fast delivery service. The watch was $39.86 but I used the 10% off student discount so it came down to $35.88 which seemed like a decent price for a nice watch. (More details below on how I achieved further cashback)

However, when my ASOS package was delivered, no one was at home. Usually when this happens, the postman will leave a note on the doorstep or in the letter box stating where the package is (i.e. "front porch" or "post office"). However, my package was delivered and left behind the bin located to the side of my house - in a very hidden spot. Luckily my dad found it while he was taking out the bins. However, he could have easily mistook it for rubbish as it was just a light cardboard box! But apart from that I'm pretty happy with the watch itself.

The watch is called the River Island Laugh Love Life Wrap Watch. Link here in case they ever restock (seems like the price went up as well ><)

This is my first and only wrap watch. I really like the pink with the rose gold detailing.

I also love the simplicity of the face of the watch and the subtle bow detailing =)

The words "laugh love life.." are also engraved on a rose gold plate on the band of the watch which I thought was a nice touch.

The only bad thing about the watch was that it was actually too small for me. I have pretty tiny wrists but lucky I was able to use a needle to poke some more holes into the band and now it fits me perfectly =)

Now onto the cashback site I mentioned earler:

Starthere.com.au
I honestly can't remember how I came across this website but starthere.com.au is basically an Australian cashback website. The way it works is that you just sign up (free), log in and then there will be a list of online shops that you can click and browse like you normally would.  By taking the route via starthere.com, they will give you a certain % of cashback that they display on their website. They also display any coupons that the website is offering.

Having never heard of this website before, I was a little hesitant at first but decided to give it a go. Unfortunately there were a few glitches in my order but in the end it did it all worked out fine. Basically what happened was that my transaction was missing (which apparently rarely happens). However after I contacted them, a lady helped me fix up my order and I ended up receiving my cash back at the end of June. (I think they pay out their cashback at the end of each month)

The cashback rate for my order was 3.85% so I was able to get $1.38 cash back and they payed this by depositing it into my bank account. So in the end I paid $34.50 for the watch =)

Hopefully that somewhat made sense. Pretty much starthere.com.au does work but I think it takes a while for you to recieve your payment. I would recommend it though as technically it's free money...

Anyways I hope to get back into blogging soon. Life has been so hectic lately, how
has life been treating you?

=)

P.S. I have also been really into pinterest for some reason. Feel free to check out my pinterest here. Do any of you guys use pinterest? Leave your link below and I'll be sure to check it out hehe

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! I had my eye on a moustache watch from Asos but my internet crashed just as I was buying it so I took that as a sign. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks!
      aww, there must be a better one out there waiting for you =)

      Delete
  2. Fsession announces the release of their online store. With the start of your website, Fsession is looking forward to creating top quality and affordable clothing easily available to everybody. With thousands of good products, customers quickly combine them together to create a fresh appearance by themselves.
    antik denim

    ReplyDelete